Preparing Your Home For Photography
Updated: Feb 10, 2021
To get the most out of your property photo shoot we recommend following these easy TIPS to prepare your home before the photographer arrives. This will ensure your home is presented at its BEST, increasing the likelihood of a quicker sale and a higher price. Most importantly you will get GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS of your HOUSE!
Check out the little gallery at the end! :)
General TIPS for preparing your Property:
- Neatly arrange all your furniture and artifacts - De-clutter and remove all unwanted items - Give your house a good clean, wipe away marks on walls, windows and blinds - Hide electrical cables and unwanted hanging wires - Turn on all lights including table lamps - Remember to present your house in the same way at the Open House as you present it in the photographs.
- De-clutter shelves and surfaces - Remove TV remotes, magazines, newspapers, tissue boxes, exercise equipment, toys, pedestal fans, personal items i.e. family photos, birthday cards, Christmas decorations, etc. - Make sure all your furniture is neatly arranged - Make sure all the lights are working and turn them ON KITCHEN
- De-clutter & clean all surfaces - Neatly arrange fruit or flowers for a welcoming touch - Hide away bench top appliances i.e toasters/kettles, magnets/photos from the fridge, items stored on top/ sides of fridge/cupboards, tea towels, soap, cleaning products, plugs, dish rack, bins, floor mats, pet bowls, keys from key rack, etc. - Clean cook top & range hood - Empty sink BEDROOMS
- Remove clothes & personal items from the floor/ surfaces - Neatly make beds and smooth out bed linen - Ensure items stored under beds are not visible - Tidy walk-in robes - Ensure bedside lamps work and are switched ON - Remove unwanted items such as extra chairs, exercise equipment, soft toys, etc.
- Remove tablecloths unless it’s an unappealing tabletop - Neatly arrange items in display cabinets/shelves - Set tables with your best cutlery or attractive centerpiece i.e. candles, flowers, fruit
- Neatly hang matching towels (buy new ones if needed) - Clean mirrors, surfaces, shower screens - Hide away all toothbrushes bathmats, bath toys, bins, weight scales, toiletries, cosmetics and cleaning products
- Close toilet lids OUTDOOR AREAS
- Mow the lawns & trim the edges - Clean the BBQ if it is in sight - Weed, mulch & prune - Park cars, trailers, bikes & caravans out of sight - Make sure all outside lights are working - Don’t hose outside areas unless there is enough drying me - Set a table with glasses & wine bottle or water decanter
- Clean the pool, be careful of splashing water around the pool unless there is enough drying time - Remove garden equipment, tools, bins and play items - Remove Creepy crawler, cleaning products/equipment, pool cover and pool toys